There really isn’t a good excuse anymore for relying on tried and true (but outdated) restaurant recruitment management practices. With so much technology available now that aims to deliver quicker, more efficient, and more effective results, it’s time to take a look at how you can better easily recruit the right applicants the first time around.
5 Reasons to Transition to Digital Applicant Screening
When posting for an open position at one of your restaurants, it is probably a great feeling to see your inbox inundated with responses. However, as you start to delve a bit deeper into the candidate pool, you also probably realize a lot of them aren’t quite what you’re looking for.
You have certain requirements and expectations for the people you want to represent your brand. Why waste your time sifting through the unqualified or less than serious applicants in order to find the good ones? A digital screening process allows you to find the best-fit candidates and give them an opportunity to showcase their worth and interest with advanced screening questions before the interview process.
By making the move to a digital screening solution, you’ll quickly discover the benefits:
- Optimized Time: The recruitment process is a lengthy one. A well-established screening process will help weed out the unqualified applicants before you even start looking at resumes.
- Streamlined Interviews: If you know someone doesn’t fit based on their resume or profile, spare your management and applicants the time spent conducting uncomfortable interviews.
- Personalized Filtering: Want to review applicants in a certain zip code with a specific skill set and the availability you know you need? Filter your applicant results accordingly.
- More Consistency: For restaurants with multiple locations, it can be difficult bringing a consistent level of customer service to all operations. With a set of standard screening questions all applicants must complete (based on position), you can ensure greater consistency across your brand.
- Increased Productivity: By bringing in applicants who already fit your requirements, interviews will be more productive and you can spend more time on genuinely interacting so you can gauge their interest level as well as their fit with your company culture more easily.
Don’t let recruitment management get your team down. Bring efficiency, consistency, and more applicant awareness to your screening process, so you can spend more time onboarding and training those best-fit applicants when you’re ready to hire.
Digital applicant screening can take your restaurant hiring process to a whole new level with a paperless HR solution, multi-location management tools, and time-saving techniques. Talk to us today if you’re interested in learning more about how Better Chains can help you get on the right track.